- Was Clara Kelley a real person?
- Is the only woman in the room a true story?
- What is Marie Benedict's real name?
- Who wrote the book about Hedy Lamarr?
- What is your review of the only woman in the room?
- Who is Hedy Lamarr in the only woman in the room?
- How is the other Einstein similar to the only woman in room?
- How old was Angie Davis in the only woman in the room?
It recounts Lamarr's journey from Austria to Hollywood, mostly concentrating on her early adult life, unhappy marriage to her controlling and abusive husband and the strange existence of having to be in a nest of vipers, as the accommodating hostess to her husband's unsavory business associates.Apr 21, 2020
Carnegie's maid, Clara Kelley, an Irish immigrant girl who resembles so many of the Irish ancestors in Benedict's own family. Clara isn't a real historic figure but rather is a composite. Her job in Carnegie's Maid is to serve Andrew Carnegie's mother's every whim.Apr 10, 2022
A powerful book based on the incredible true story of the glamour icon and scientist, The Only Woman in the Room is a masterpiece that celebrates the many women in science that history has overlooked.
Marie Benedict is the pen name of Heather Terrell, who has published books under her own name as well. But since the books about overlooked women took a new direction, she took a new name to write them. (She is better known as Benedict now and she prefers using that name.)Feb 10, 2022
Hedy's Folly: The Life and Breakthrough Inventions of Hedy Lamarr, the Most Beautiful Woman in the World: Rhodes, Richard: 9780307742957: Amazon.com: Books.
- "Beautifully written, compassionately rendered and compulsively readable, THE ONLY WOMAN IN THE ROOM is the perfect work of historical fiction for our time. Benedict has done Lamarr true justice, and I feel certain that she would love this book." Before long, Hedy and Fritz are married, and her life takes a drastic turn.
- Overview Marie Benedict’s work of historical fiction, The Only Woman in the Room, tells the life story of Hedy Lamarr, a famed actress of the 1930s and 1940s. The 2019 novel rewrites Lamarr’s legacy by focusing on her path towards inventing a frequency-hopping radio technology that anticipates wi-fi.
- Shauna The Other Einstein was similar to The Only Woman in the Room in depicting one dimensional women subjected to abuse by powerful men. While there are ce …more The story starts in 1933, with Hedy performing in a play about Empress Elizabeth.
- Angie She was 19 years old when the story starts in 1933 and when she was starring in Sissy at the Theater an der Wien, and when she starts dating Mandl. Th …more See all 11 questions about The Only Woman in the Room… More lists with this book...