- Who is the largest tomato grower in the world?
- Which country eats most tomatoes?
- Where are most tomatoes grown in the world?
- How many tomatoes are produced each year?
- How many tonnes of tomatoes are produced each year?
- Is there a tomato shortage 2022?
- How many times can you harvest tomatoes in a year?
- Which country is the second largest producer of tomato?
- Which country is the largest producer of tomato?
- Related questions
This is a list of countries by tomato production in 2016 and 2017, based on data from the Food and Agriculture Organization Corporate Statistical Database. The estimated total world production for tomatoes in 2017 was 182,301,395 metric tonnes, an increase of % from 179,508,401 tonnes in 2016.
China is by far the largest tomato producer in the world. In 2018, the country produced approximately 61.5 million tons. This is about 3 times more than number two on the list, India, with 19.3 million tons.Jun 11, 2020
The top ranked country, China, accounted for 28.4 % of tomato consumption in the world. The top 3 countries hold a 46.3 % share while the ten largest countries some 68.3 % in 2013. Data for more countries are available at Tomato Consumption (Total) indicator page.Feb 22, 2018
China is the largest producer of tomatoes, followed by the United States and India. Other major players in the tomato market are the European Union and Turkey. Together, these top five tomato producers supply around 70% of the global production.
According to data from Faostat, the world produced 186.821 million metric tonnes of tomatoes on 5,051,983 hectares in 2020, achieving an average yield of 37.1 metric tonnes/hectare (mT/ha).Jan 28, 2022
The global tomato processing industry
On a global scale, the annual production of fresh tomatoes amounts to approximately 180 million tonnes. In comparison, two times more potatoes and four times more rice are grown around the world (FAO, 2019).Jan 21, 2021
According to the USDA's National Agricultural Statistics Service, California's tomato processors reported contracts for 12.2 million tons of tomatoes for 2022, which is an increase in demand of 10% compared to last year.Aug 19, 2022
They usually only produce one harvest during a season, with all of the fruit ripening with a week or two. What is this? For this reason, determinate tomato varieties are preferable if you want to preserve all of your harvest at once.
India ranks second in the area as well as in production of Tomato. The major tomato growing countries are China, USA, Italy, Turkey, India and Egypt. Total area under tomato is 4582438 thousand ha with production of 150513813 thousand tons and with productivity of 32.8 tons/ha.
The estimated total world production for tomatoes in 2017 was 182,301,395 metric tonnes, an increase of 1.6% from 179,508,401 tonnes in 2016. China was by far the largest producer, accounting for nearly 33% of global production.
Where are most tomatoes grown in the world?
What are the 2 main types of tomato production in the world?
What country produces the most tomatoes 2020?
In 2020, China devoted 1,107,485 hectares to tomato production and its yield per square meter stood at 5.85 kg/m². China was followed by India, which in 2020 produced 20,573 million kilos of tomatoes on 812,000 hectares and had an average yield of 2.53 kg/m².Jan 6, 2022
How are tomatoes mass produced?
How many tomatoes are produced in the US?
Which is the biggest tomato market in Asia?
How many tomatoes are grown in the world?
- The tomato production (fresh and processed) increased by about 300% during the last four decades and in 2005 it was estimated by FAO at about 123 million tons with a total production area of about 4. 5 million ha. China, the European Union (EU-25), USA and Turkey are the leading producers (Costa and Heuvelink, 2007).
Who introduced tomatoes to the world?
- The tomato plant was probably first introduced to Europe by the Spanish conquistador Hernán Cortés. In 2017, the worldwide production of tomatoes totalled 170.8 million tons. China, the leading producer of tomatoes, accounted for 31% of the total production.
Which country is the leading producer of tomatoes?
- China, the leading producer of tomatoes, accounted for 31% of the total production. In China, tomatoes are widely cultivated in open fields or plastic tunnels. Tomato varieties that are red or pink and produce large fruits are generally preferred.
Which countries will increase the production of fresh tomatoes in 2021?
- within the greenhouse fresh tomato will also increase. Turkey and Morocco. Spain will continue to improve its water shortage or the high price of desalinized water. more sustainable production regarding energy use.